Saturday, August 21, 2010

Me, me, and more me!

A few short notes to help you get to know me:

- The thing in the world that disgusts me most is anything touching my feet in the shower.
- Old food in the sink drain comes a close second!
- I like to take a nap with a dog in the bed, but not sleep for the night with a dog in the bed.
- When I was a child, I used to take a voice recorder and tell stories into it. They were romance, even when I was 7 or 8.
- I have never truly been in love - I've not been burnt enough to be a cynic which is why I think I enjoy writing romance so much!
- I am very passionate about animals and have been known to take in those that are written off as "not useful anymore" or "dangerous".
- I love the appeal of a "bad boy", but at the end of the day, someone who is kind, funny and compassionate wins out.
- I am turned off by self described "good guys" - they are almost always whiny and believe they are owed something by the Universe.
- I believe in spirituality and a greater being, and think that the most important rule to live by is to love others - beyond that, everything else can be traced back to that one rule.
- I eat certain things methodically - restaurant breakfasts, ice cream cones, watermelon - there are specific ways to prepare and consume these things and I lose interest if I am not able to eat them in that specific way.
- I am beyond busy with a "day job" and a farm, along with a personal mission to lose 144lbs (I am 76lbs toward that goal, only 68 to go!), so I have been browsing free personals sites because I feel I'm too busy to meet someone... I may write about this. It's funny, it's fodder. :)

My ideal man is tall, and broad - not necessarily cut, but solid, with hands calloused from a little work, kind eyes and smile lines. He has a specific destination in life that he is working to reach, is reliable and easy going. His quality of being laid back is in direct proportion to my quality of sometimes being uptight. This man is passionate and not afraid to play his hand away from his chest once in a while and lay the cards on the table. Straight forward and honest, he says what he means and means what he says. Hair colour, eye colour, and other variables aren't that important to me, which makes it easy for me to write aspects of my "ideal man" into every hero that I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment